The lecture provides introductory concepts on detecting changes using EO data. Considerations about quantitative and qualitative assessment as well as methods and processing steps are also provided.
Learning outcomes :
- Explain resolution characteristics of remote sensing data in general and of Copernicus Sentinel 1 and 2 in particular.
- Explain operating principle of passive and active satellites.
- Example on how to detect changes by using a quantitative analysis on land use and land cover.
- Identify changes during 10 years period by usind Sentinel 1 data.
- Indicate and calculate vegetation indices derived from satellite data for change detection in image time series.