An EO4GEO workshop | October 26th 2021 at 17:00 PM CET
Title: Earth Observation and Geographic Information: a crucial tool to monitor and tackle climate change.
Organizers: EIT Climate-KIC and University of Patras
Duration: 3 hours
Brief description: The EO4GEO Partner EIT Climate-KIC in collaboration with EO4GEO invites you this October 26th at 17:00 CET to a Spark! Experience online workshop where you will learn more about the use and applications of satellite data in climate-change related challenges.
- Master and PhD European students from various backgrounds (also non-technical)
- Young professionals
- understand what Earth observation and geographic information is,
- how the data is collected, transformed, and used to solve different issues,
- which are the main stakeholders from the sector,
- what type of information is available and how to retrieve it.
- Eduard Escalona, Market Development Innovation Officer, The European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA)
- Andreas Kazantzidis, Professor, University of Patras
- Diego Saez-Gil, Co-founder, Pachamas